- Information we collect
- How we use your information
- Who we exchange your information with
- How we keep your information secure
- How you can access, update and correct your information
- How you can make a complaint about misuse of your information
- About this policy
- Collection and storage of your personal information
2.1. Why do we collect your personal information?
If you are customer, to provide you with IT repair and support services for your computer and peripheral devices, including collateral services. We always try to collect only the information we need for the particular services that you have asked us to provide to you!
If you are an contractor, for all purposes relevant to your employment or engagement with us.
2.2. What personal information do we collect and store?
The personal information we collect and store will depend on why you contact us and on which JJM I.T Solutions services and products you order and/or subscribe to. The information may include:
- your name and contact details, including your physical address, email address and telephone number(s);
- your ABN;
- your bank account and/or credit card details;
- your employment history (which may include sensitive information), if you apply for a job with us;
- other employment-related information, if you apply for a job with us; and
- other information you may provide to us, e.g. through customer surveys.
2.3. How do we collect personal information?
There are quite a few ways we may seek information from you directly. We might collect your information when you fill out an electronic form on our website, sign up to our newsletter, enter one of our competitions, apply for a job with us, telephone us, send us an email or complete a customer survey.
Some customers like to engage with us through social media channels. We may collect information about you when you interact with us through these channels.
We collect your email address and, if you provide it, other contact details when you subscribe to our email lists. We only use this information to send you our newsletter, regular updates on JJM I.T Solutions and our services, and to administer the lists.
We use e-forms to enable you to lodge a complaint, application or enquiry online via our website.
Where our website allows you to make comments, give feedback or communicate with us, we sometimes collect your email address and sometimes some other contact details. We may use your email address to respond to your comments, feedback or communication.
We may use a persistent cookie (a cookie that stays linked to your browser) to record your visits so we can recognise you if you visit our website again. It also lets us keep track of products or services you view so that, with your consent, we can send you news about them.
We may log IP addresses (that is, the electronic addresses of computers connected to the internet) to analyse trends, administer the website, track user movements, and gather broad demographic information.
In order for us to provide our services, we may collect personal information about you indirectly from third parties such as:
- publicly available sources; or
- your representative, such as an assistant or colleague, an adult relative, a caregiver, who contacts us on your behalf.
2.4. How do we store/hold your personal information?
All your information is stored electronically and securely in our database and other secure information systems.
Where possible, we will allow you to interact with us anonymously or using a pseudonym.
For example, if you contact our Customer Service Team with a general question, you won’t be required to give your name.
However, for most of our services we usually need your name and contact information and enough information about the particular matter to enable us to fairly and efficiently handle your inquiry, request, complaint or application, or to act on your communication with us.
- What if you don’t provide us with your personal information?
If you don’t provide your personal information to us, we may not be able to properly provide our service to you, administer your account, verify your identity and/or let you know about other products and services that might be useful to you.
- When will we notify you that we have received your information?
When we receive personal information from you directly, we’ll take reasonable steps to notify you how and why we collected your information, who we may disclose it to and how you can access it, seek correction of it or make a complaint.
Your privacy and the protection of your personal information is very important to us. We do not disclose your personal information to any other person, organisation or entity except our contracted service providers.
5.1. Service providers
JJM I.T Solutions uses a number of service providers to whom we disclose personal information only in order to provide our services to you. These include providers that host our website servers, manage our IT and provide third party specialist repair services to our customers.
5.2. Disclosure of personal information overseas
We do not disclose personal information overseas.
- Quality of your personal information
To ensure that the personal information we collect is accurate, up-to-date and complete we do one or more of the following (where practicable and relevant):
- record information in a consistent format;
- promptly add updated or new personal information to existing records; and/or
- verify our contact lists to check their accuracy.
The accuracy of your information is of course largely dependent on what you provide us. To make sure we’ve got your most current and accurate details, please let us know when your information changes (e.g. if you change your name or move house).
- Security of your personal information
The security of your personal information is a high priority for us. We take reasonable steps to protect it from misuse, interference and loss, and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. Some of the ways we do this are:
- confidentiality requirements of our employees;
- security measures for access to our system;
- other security measures in our system (including keeping a record or ‘audit trail’ of when someone has added, changed or deleted personal information);
- electronic security measures in our system like firewalls and data encryption; and
- control of access to our office.
- Direct Marketing
We may send you direct marketing communications and information about our products, services, discounts, competitions and special promotions that we consider may be of interest to you.
We may do this via email, telephone, SMS, mail or any other electronic means.
We will always let you know that you can opt-out from receiving our marketing offers and will provide easy to follow steps to do so.
- Accessing and correcting your personal information
You have the right to ask for access to personal information that we hold about you, and ask that we correct that personal information. You can ask for access or correction by contacting us and we must respond within 30 days. If you ask, we must give you access to your personal information, and take reasonable steps to correct it if we consider it is incorrect, unless there is a law that allows or requires us not to.
We will ask you to verify your identity before we give you access to your information or correct it, and we will try to make the process as simple as possible. If we refuse to give you access to, or correct, your personal information, we must notify you in writing setting out the reasons why.
If we make a correction and we have disclosed the incorrect information to others, you can ask us to tell them about the correction. We must do so unless there is a valid reason not to.
If we refuse to correct your personal information, you can ask us to associate with it (for example, attach or link) a statement that you believe the information is incorrect and why.
- How to make an enquiry or a complaint
If you have an enquiry or a complaint about how we handle your personal information, we want to hear from you. Please let us know about your concerns in one of the following ways:
- submitting an electronic contact form via jjmitsolutions.com.au
- calling us on 0484 267 361
- emailing us at email@example.com
We are committed to resolving your complaint and doing the right thing by our customers. Most complaints are resolved quickly, and you should hear from us within five business days.
If you are not satisfied with our response you may ask for a review by a more senior officer within JJM I.T Solutions (if that has not already happened).
If you still feel your issue hasn’t been resolved to your satisfaction, then you can raise your concern with the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner:
- online at: http://www.oaic.gov.au/privacy
- by phone on: 1300 363 992
- via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- in writing to: GPO Box 2999, Canberra, ACT 2601
- fax on: +61 2 9284 9666.